Saturday, March 24, 2007

So tired......and doggies galore!!!

Back in a internet cafe after a hiatus of 2 weeks. Thought my time in internet cafe are over once I moved into a apt but who knows Im on the move again barely after 10 days of stay cause my roomate didn't manage to continue the lease on time ....Don't think she knows what she wants. But it could be a blessing in disguise cause if not, I think I need to put up with her even longer! Can't stand the stinking sink with all her unwashed dishes as well as needing to fight with her for internet. And with the maid only coming once in a week, the place is actually pretty messy and unkept.

Anyway, I found a room at Phu My Hung today sharing with the guy owner recommended by a colleague. It's cheap and good considering he is hardly home plus there is no lease involved, thats what I like best. BUT the room is only available after 6th April, so meanwhile I have to find some place to stay temporaily. I went to the backpacker district where I stayed with Dango during out last trip. I thought I could make it. But after looking at a few, climbing the forever endless stairs, my legs are actually wobbly already. The cheapest I can find with what I need decently is $13 USD a day. Considering I need to stay 10 days, its $130USD. However, the environment kind of put me off. It like walking with a $#!@ target on my forehead with biketaxi drivers harrassing non-stop. The only good things is that the food options there are endlless as well as cheap laundry. Laundry is one of my main concern but if I can put up with 15 days of no laundry serivice previously, I'm sure I can put up with 10 days. Oh yah, surprising is that the lady at theYellow House Hotel remembered me as I stayed there 4 mths ago! I thought she won't remember me but she did. I still like her English..it is so hard to come by. Sometimes I readlly can't stand their English. My other option is the hotel near my present apt now. It's $15 USD a day but the environment and condition are better with wireless internet so I don't need to fret over internet everynight. It's quieter also as it is an expat district. And when I moved to the guy's place, it will also be more convenient. I think I will move into that, and I will take a look at their rooms when I get back today.



Ok, back to what I wanted to post which I can't cause the neighbour wireless seem to anti blogger.com.
This is their "Bao" , I scout for 1 for my lunch one day and it cost $1 sgd but it's huge. Not bad..with a salted egg inside with the meat somemore.



One day, another colleague gave out these around our dept..Hmm..those brown "big peanut" lookalike is actually tamarind. Its nice. They are sold in SG too but they would have taken the flesh inside out and packaged them instead of the raw form. This is the 1st time I see how Tamarind looks like. The green "dumpling" is actually meat w gluttonious rice but it taste quite horrible. Hm btw when they say with meat, it usually mean meat fats. Horrible again.
I also saw how dragon fruit plant is grown. Have you even though is dragonfruit grown on a tree or wat. It is a strange looking plant but too bad I don't have the picture.




This is one of the grocery trip result. Guess how much for all these - half a pineapple and 3 yogurts? $1.20 sgd.






The pug in e cage is at one of the aquarium shop near my apartment. Its quite cute actually when you go near it cause it's wagging its tail nonstop. Dango says his eyes too bulging..hmm..I thought all pugs got bulging eyes...


I encountered the white dog during my early morning runs. I guess it belongs to local cause it looks unkept and it was running around freely. When it 1st saw me, it was wary as I stop to take a picture of him. The funny thing was that when I did my 2nd run throught the same street, he saw me from afar and ran towards me. We are like running towards each other like a lovers like that...but when it gets near me, he stopped and wait...haha. The 3rd picture is just of a owner walking 2 dogs in the morning. One is a chihuahua which I think too small in the picture, the other looks like a spaniel mixed.

ok, that it for all pictures at the moment.
I quite like the current cafe as its very normal for a single person to plong down and suft net and no one would raise an eyebrown. In sg, I think they would look at you when you come in alone and sit for long.
OH yah, I also bought our favourite "carrot cake" when I passed Ben Thanh market today. the shop now is like quite popular with tourists stopping for a taste. I haven't eat it yet, I'm going to bring back and add an extra egg and heat up in the microwave. Yum yum!!
I went into the Ben Thanh market as I try to see if I can get a pair of pumps but its too hot and I was so tired so I gave up after awhile...
Hmm...hope to be able to chat with Dango tonight...









































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm...don't remember the tangerin... -blury