Friday, August 11, 2006

Sleep...WAKE....snoooozee......WAKE.....SLEEP

What a night.... a software that do my daily downloads of stocks data screwed up and I spent the whole evening trying and retrying but to no avail. Finally as a last resort, decided to roll back the software to my backup on 4th June then redo everything since then again...sianz (this reminds me to set alarm to do weekly backup). Time consuming hard work but that's the only way. But after I ran it, it seemed that it wasn't working as well so I try to reload till 2 days back to see if the problem lies on yesterday only. It was slow so I thought I sleep awhile , when I woke at 1.30am, I find that the software looked hanged and nothing is updated! Irritating! So I try again ...this time I wake at 3am to see that it looked hanged again. So fed up that I thought I just leave it instead of just shutting it cause maybe it is really still running, at least if its doesn't , den I can confirm that the software is dead.

Woke up in the morning to see that the software DID finished uploading till 31th July! Should have left it alone when I woke at 1am..Hmm...anyway, glad I got the back up till 31th July and I can go back today and finished up the rest and see whether everything is ok or not. Still, I missed today opportunities..if any.. I will know tonight.

Strangely, I felt rested and well today...except for my arm as usual. *creak*

No comments: