Sunday, April 22, 2007

A cafe called Peaches

In a cafe near my apt called Peaches. Heard that it was opened by a Singaporean and it sells Chilli crab. A set of Chilli crab with watermelon juice is only $5 SGD. Maybe I will try it later.

Was intending to have a quiet day at home till my landlord says he is coming home with some friends to cook. Didn't feel very comfortable so I came out but to see them talking so lively in the living room, bitching about another friend of theirs and little things make me long for such gathering. I have almost forgottern how its like to hang out with people. There are ABC gal and an chinese australian guy. They looked cool people with foreign accents and all and somehow I feel I can't fit into them. Been feeling this way since I arrived here. Last night dinner with the huge bunch of people are the same. There are singaporeans, americans, and many viet kieus but to me its more like business networking. I just feel that I might not have change my mindset to fit into the upper class living here. Actually if work is somehow to my liking as well as leave me alone to do my things, the living here is actually good when you are an expats. That is what i suspect what draws those expats here. *sigh* There are really many opportunities here cause things are quite lacking in terms of talented skills. I could easy set up a website doing stocks..if not you have the right people. The locals do not have the skills which is where the viet kieus come into the picture. Its a slow process. To live here and use their cheap resources is good, to work with them is another thing.

Sometimes I feel so doomed. Like why can't I like other people. I seem to avoid people. To totally shut them out. I was thinking was I always like this? In secondary school? In JC? I seem to be suddenly so withdrawn.. Is it normal that I don't feel the need to be in the company of people? Or is it at my age , its norm to not being able to make friends easily. Or maybe I so used to be alone that I'm more happy being alone. But yet on 1 hand, I know its not good but maybe I have lost the skills to talk with people. Or maybe its the price to pay to be able to strike gold. With my trading, it really enables me to make a very good living without depending on anyone at all. Maybe my personality seeks out a vocation like trading or is it trading that make me a hermit...hmmmm...

No comments: